The Exontrol's exG2antt component is an editable grid component that includes Gantt
chart features. The ex(G)rid-ex(G)antt, shortly exG2antt or ex2Gantt, combines the exGrid
and exGantt components in a standalone component. In other words, it combines
a multiple columns editable Tree/Grid control with Gantt features, in a single component.
The exG2antt library lets the user changes its visual appearance using skins, each one providing an
additional visual experience that enhances viewing pleasure.
First Look of eXG2antt:
Features of eXG2antt include:
- Fast ( load 1,000,000 bars in less than 3 seconds )
- Print and Print Preview support
- WYSWYG Template/Layout Editor support
- Skinnable Interface support ( ability to apply a skin to any background part )
- ADO, DAO, DataSource/DataMember/DataContext support
- MSAA, UI Automation, IAccessible support
- Ability to save/load the control's data to/from XML documents
- PDF (Portable Document Format), BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, EMF support (Ability to save/export the control's content to PDF, BMP, JPG, GIF, PNG, TIFF, EMF formats)
The Chart area supports:
- Ability to specify multiple levels, using custom built-in HTML format for each level
- Alternative HTML labels support for best fit in the level's time unit.
- Regional and Language Options support to display dates, times.
- Overview/Layout/Map support.
- Ability to enlarge or magnify (zoom-in,zoom-out) the entire chart, by dragging the header or resizing it using the middle mouse button, with or without re-scaling the chart.
- Ability to magnify only a portion of the chart, so the rest of the chart stay unchanged, ie shows hours of selected day(s).
- Ability to split the time scale in different sections, using different time scale units.
- Zoom and Scale support ( including at run-time too )
- Zoom-On-Fly support
- Histogram support
- over-loads or over-allocations.
- several type of diagrams with antialiasing rendering
- cumulative bars using different colors, patterns, and so on.
- may display its legend or similar information using custom controls.
- Viewing Resources support
- NonworkingDays/Hours support
- Ability to display one or more columns in CRD format on the chart part.
- Automatically update the bar captions or tooltips, using its properties combined with HTML format and computed fields.
- Ability to resize or move the bars in the chart, at run-time.
- Ability to move the bars in the chart, from an item to another, by drag and drop or by code as well.
- Semi-Transparent Bars support
- Ability to define your own type of bars using gradients, custom patterns, shapes or EBN objects.
- Ability to define the starting and ending corners from icons.
- Ability to show the current date-time using EBN files.
- Ability to highlight or mark different date-time zones, using different colors, EBNs, patterns, multiple HTML captions.
- Ability to link bars using the mouse.
- Ability to group bars, preserve the length of the bars, fixing ( or within a specified range ) the distance between bars.
- Ability to group the linked bars.
- Ability to show the links with different attributes for those that start or end on selected bar(s) , or are not related to any of selected bar(s)
- Ability to select bars and links using the mouse, as well as moving or deleting them.
- Ability to customize the overlaid bars using different offset, transparency, colors, patterns, shapes, and so on.
- Ability to specify the range to move or resize individual bars.
- Ability to summarize the bars, so once a child bar is moved or resized the parent or the summary bar is updated accordingly.
- Ability to define your custom labels for levels, including subdivisions.
- Undo/Redo mechanism for operations in the chart, as moving, resizing, creating bars or links and so on.
- Ability to associate the cells with the bars, so you can easily update the bar's properties using the cell's editor, and reverse.
- Support for retrieving the
or parts of the cells as icons, text, checkboxes, and so on
- Precedence Diagramming Method ( PDM or scheduling activities in a project plan )
- Critical Path Method ( CPM or longest path )
- Ability to associate a bar/date with fully customizable, movable boxes or notes, including HTML text, images, links and so on
- and more
The Items area provides:
- Tree-Grid-Gantt with multiple columns support, Hierarchical view
- Custom Row Designer (Have your rows display however you want with the control row layout capabilities).
- Group-By support
- Multi-Lines items support
- Ability to show the control's elements from right-to-left for Hebrew, Arabic and other RTL languages.
- Built-in Editors support, in other words editable at runtime.
- Filter support.
- Filter-Prompt support,
allows you to filter the items as you type while the filter bar
is always visible on the bottom part of the list area.
support. Ability to filter items by a column, as you type.
- Ability to filter items filter items using patterns, is, is after, is before, between a range of dates, numeric with an interactive user iterface.
- Ability to filter items using AND, OR, or NOT operators between columns.
- Ability to include or exclude items from the list by filtering
- SortBar Support
- Locked/Fixed/Dividers items support
- ActiveX hosting (you can place any ActiveX component in any item of the chart)
- 'starts with' and 'contains' incremental searching support
- Merge or Split cells support
- Built-In HTML Tooltip support
- Conditional Format support.
- Ability to format the cells based on several predefined functions and expressions such as currency, shortdate, longdate ...
- Computed Fields supports numbers, strings and dates expressions.
- Ability to insert hyperlinks anywhere in the cells, bars or links
- and more ...
The eXG2antt is editable at run-time. The eXGantt is read-only at run-time.
Click to enlarge!
General information about eXG2antt product:
Exontrol.G2antt, exontrol.EXG2ANTTLib.exg2antt, wpf.exontrol.EXG2ANTTLib.exg2antt
exg2antt.dll, exg2antt.ocx, exontrol.exg2antt.dll, exg2antt.net, wpf.exontrol.exg2antt.dll, exg2antt.wpf
VB, VB.NET, VBA, C++, C#, X++, VFP, VFP Advanced (x64), Access, HTML, Delphi, Smalltalk, uniPaas (eDeveloper), Clarion, Dynamics AX, Dynamics NAV, xBasic, Visual Objects, Visual Dataflex, PowerBuilder, LabVIEW, Xbase++, AutoIt, Power++, FORTH, Progress
Lines of code:
315,528 (275,334 excluding comments and empty lines)
Objects 21, Functions 1,272, Events 68, Definitions 86
The ExG2Host is an extension of the ExG2antt ( Exontrol's Grid-Gantt component ) with full database support ( ADO, DAO, XML). In other words, the ExG2Host loads and saves automatically the host's data (including the hierarchy) to one or more databases. You can map a data field from the data-source, to a property of one object in the host/gantt control, and the control automatically updates the field when it is required. In the same manner, you can automatically save the control's layout, so next time the control is running it automatically get displayed the same way as it was closed.
The Exontrol's ExGantt component is our approach to create timeline charts (also known as Gantt charts). Gantt chart is a time-phased graphic display of activity durations. Activities are listed with other tabular information on the left side with time intervals over the bars. Activity durations are shown in the form of horizontal bars. The exGantt component lets the user changes its visual appearance using skins, each one providing an additional visual experience that enhances viewing pleasure.
The Exontrol's eXPivot tool is our approach to provide data summarization, as a pivot table. A pivot-table can automatically sort, count, total or give the average of the data stored in one table or spreadsheet. The user sets up and changes the summary's structure by dragging and dropping fields graphically.
The ExCalendar library contains two components, simple version and drop-down version that allow you to select a date with a nice GUI. You can select the date between 1/1/100 and 12/31/9999, Both versions support images, colors, font attributes, tooltips for any date.
The eXSchedule tool is our approach to provide scheduling of appointments into your application.
Exontrol's new eXGrid control an easy-to-implement tree-grid control, provides swift and robust performance and a wide range of formatting features that distinguish it from other grids. The eXGrid is a multi-purpose data visualization system that can display information as a tree, a grid or list, or a combination of both - in either data-bound or unbound mode. This unique synergy between a traditional grid and a traditional treeview allows you to create cutting-edge and visually appealing application interfaces for your end-users.
The ExICalendar library implements the ICalendar data format, according with Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core Object Specification, RFC 5545. The iCalendar data format represents exchanging calendaring and scheduling information such as events, to-dos, journal entries, and free/busy information, independent of any particular calendar service or protocol. The iCalendar format is suitable as an exchange format between applications or systems. The format is defined in terms of a MIME content type.
The Exontrol's Custom Row Designer ( exCRD ) is a WYSWYG tool to build new layouts for cells/nodes, items/rows or columns/fields. The exCRD tool generates CRD strings from the layout you built. The syntax of CRD strings is designed to be easy to build, change and read. Using CRD strings is powerful than preformatted card view, group view formats, nested bands, and so on, since you are free to define the full layout of the cell/node, item/row or a column/field.
The EBN file provides skin capabilities for almost all of our UI components.