LABView - National Instruments
Exontrol.COM Software - Frequently Asked Questions
In LabVIEW 32-bit you can use any of the following versions:
- /COM indicates the 32-bit edition of the ActiveX version
- /NET indicates the 32-bit edition of the /NET assembly version
The application built using /COM or /NET version runs on any Windows 32 or 64-bit machine.
In LabVIEW 64-bit you can use any of the following versions:
- /COM/64 indicates the 64-bit edition of the ActiveX version
- /NET/64 indicates the 64-bit edition of the /NET assembly version
The application built using /COM/64 or /NET/64 version runs on Windows 64-bit machine only. The application built using /COM/64 or /NET/64 version cannot run on Windows 32-bit machine.
If you want to use your application on 32 and 64-bit machines, you can go for:
- /COM/ANY indicates the 32 and 64-bit editions of the ActiveX versions
- /NET/ANY indicates the 32 and 64-bit editions of the /NET assembly version
Should I use a 32-bit or 64-bit version of the control?
Use the Event notification instead. The Event's ID parameter specifies the identifier of the event being fired. The EventParam(-2) gives debug information in string format about the current event.
Thanks to Johannes Reinhart, DATA AHEAD, LabVIEW N�rnberg, who submitted the note. This note is related to LABView 2013